Plan your proposal at the Botanical Gardens and upload your engagement selfie to social media tag @botanicsbites and using #botanicswedding and be in with a chance of winning 18% off your 2018 wedding at the Bontanics
The wedding offer will be based on the existing packages attached, with the following last minute incentives*:
10% off package prices
Minimum numbers of 70 instead of 80
Additional glass of sparkling wine for the arrival drinks reception
Glass of sparkling wine per person for the evening reception
Use of the Forth View Suite for Bridal Preparation (subject to availability), which offers a comfortable lounge area and terrace with panoramic views across the city. An excellent way to relax and prepare for the wedding ceremony, and a great opportunity for photographs!
*Midweek dates also available. All dates subject to availability. Offer open to new bookings only.
Currently available dates for this offer:
Friday 11th August 2017
Saturday 12th August 2017
Friday 18th August 2017
Friday 25th August 2017
Friday 29th September 2017
Sunday 8th October 2017
Sunday 15th October 2017
Friday 27th October 2017
Sunday 19th November 2017
Sunday 26th November 2017
Friday 5th January 2018
Saturday 6th January 2018
Sunday 7th January 2018
Friday 12th January 2018
Sunday 14th January 2018
Friday 19th January 2018
Saturday 20th January 2018
Sunday 21st January 2018
Friday 26th January 2018
Saturday27th January 2018
Sunday 28th January 2018
Friday 9th February 2018
Saturday 10th February 2018
Sunday 11th February 2018
Friday 16th February 2018
Saturday 17th February 2018
Friday 23rd February 2018
Book a Show Round / Consultation
Edinburgh Cluster Senior Wedding Coordinator
The Bonham Hotel, The Principal Edinburgh George Street and The Roxburghe Hotel
Book an event 0131 240 7139
A Guide to Wedding Wines
A few simple rules to help you get the best bang for your buck:
1) The wines supplied by venues are often supplied as part of a ‘package’ and are therefore bought as cheaply as possible to keep their costs down and maximise profit. As a general rule, you will be able to get a much better wine for around the same price if you are able to supply it yourself (even with the corkage added on top), so it is always worth asking the venue if this is possible.
2) Almost everybody overestimates how much people will drink, so choose a supplier who offers sale or return on any unopened bottles.
3) Fizz is a huge part of the day and is the first thing that most people will drink. Prosecco is by far the most popular fizz of choice because its crisp, fruity, easy drinking style is loved by almost everyone. If you are more a fan of the briochy, appley flavours of champagne, but don’t have the budget it is worth trying either a ‘grower’ champagne (often the same juice just no fancy name) or a really good cava. It is made in the same way as champagne and, if aged for longer than the minimum nine months, can have the same characteristics. This Grand Cuvee Mont Marcal tastes better than many cheaper champagnes and is half the price.
4) In terms of quantity, depending on how long your drinks reception will be, half a bottle per person should be enough. There are six 125ml glasses in a bottle so that would allow you two glasses after the ceremony and extra one for the toast.
5) For the meal, another half bottle per person is plenty. Some may drink more but plenty will drink less, and this is generally more slanted towards white (unless a winter wedding when it is more 50/50).
6) It is your wedding and so it is very important you pick wines you would like to drink, but I always advise people to choose wines that will also please the majority. With an average of 100 guests at the weddings we supply, it is impossible to keep everybody happy, but you can’t really go wrong with a crisp white and a juicy, fruity red.
7) Choosing slightly unusual grape varieties or opting for wines from Chile and other good value regions means you can get some absolute bargains for under £7 per bottle.
My personal recommendations would be Pe Branco and Pe Tinto from the Espoaro estate in Portugal.
Highly quaffable wines from a very talented wine maker and an absolute bargain to boot.
ODYSSEY BOUTIQUE opened on Edinburgh’s fashionable William Street in August 2010 and since then I have built a brand and reputation on delivering a sophisticated and stylish service. The boutique is an exclusive Scottish home to luxury independent labels including Fleur of England, Heidi Klein and Lascivious, and renowned designers Stella McCartney and Simone Perele; and won the titles of Concept Shop and Independent Retail Business of the Year (North) at the 2016 Stars Underlines and UK Lingerie Awards respectively.
Now with over a decade of experience in the lingerie industry I have successfully developed ODYSSEY BOUTIQUE into a destination store for ‘real’ lingerie and year-round swimwear for the fashionable girl-about-town.
My passion for the highest quality products and experience, and depth of knowledge on all things lingerie is exceptional – I can even fit on sight. With exclusive collections and a one-to-one experience priority clients are invited to join me in the boutique where collections are recommended to exactly match their needs. Whether they’re looking for every-day luxury basics, provocative occasion pieces, a complete lingerie closet overhaul or a sensational gift – I am poised to help.
I have two services just perfect for brides:
Private Shopping – Whether she might be looking for something practical for wedding day, provocative or pretty I have exactly what each bride needs to make the smallest of details just so. I can custom order too. We’ll begin with total privacy; the boutique will be closed to the public. Then, soothing inhibitions with a glass or two of Champagne, I’ll guide brides-to-be through a hand-picked selection of the most elegant & exciting lingerie and loungewear, and sophisticated swimwear. She’s guaranteed to leave with a discrete boost to her poise and an irresistible new lingerie collection.
And Book the Boutique – Book the boutique for a hen party or bridal-shower and host your event in the luxurious and seductive surrounds of Odyssey. Enjoy the boutique to yourselves day or night with Odyssey’s assistants on hand, a dedicated cocktail bar, sweet treats, goody bags or gifts for your guests, and your own playlist. We can include make-up, nails and catering on request too.
T: 0131 220 2908